I'm certain there are at least a hundred different options when it comes to choosing a mortgage lender here in the Greater Columbia, SC area. Whomever you choose, make sure you understand your financing options. Some questions to ask:
1. What fees will I need to pay?
2. What's the difference between an ARM and a fixed rate mortgage?
3. What interest rate will I be paying?
4. What will my monthly mortgage payment be? Have your lender break this down as to what your principal and interest portion is and your tax and insurance portions.
5. How and when do I lock in my rate and points?
6. How will I be qualified for a mortgage? Be prepared to provide proof of income and income tax documents for verification. Your lender will provide you with a list of documents needed.
7. What will my minimum down payment be?
8. What if I want to pay the mortgage off early? Will there be any penalties?
9. What's mortgage insurance and will I have to pay this?
10. What's the lowest mortgage rate that I qualify for?
If you need any suggestions as to lenders that I have worked with and recommend, Please feel free to contact me. I have a team of professionals waiting to assist you.
Exit Real Estate Consultants
5175 Sunset Boulevard, Suite 3
Lexington, SC 29072